- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (less or more to taste)
- 1 (7.5 oz) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Avocado, cut into small cubes
- Red onion, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken to a pan with taco seasoning and water. Stir together and cook over medium-high heat until the sauce has thickened and the water is gone.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice to taste.
- While chicken is cooking, open biscuits and press each one into the bottom and up the sides of the muffin tin.
- Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each biscuit.
- Divide the cheese evenly on top of the chicken and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes, onions, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream.
Source: Inspired by The Girl Who Ate Everything