I love chocolate eclairs! I came across this recipe for Chocolate Eclair Cake on Cookies Crumbs and Chickens and had to share. I love that the ingredients are all easy to source or are already in the house. This chocolate eclair cake could be served as a family dessert but is indulgent enough to be served to guests at a special meal.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ( 8 ounce) softened cream cheese
- 1 ( 5.1ounce) large package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 ( 8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, take out 13×9 inch glass pan, LIGHTLY GREASED.
For The Eclair Crust:
- In a saucepan combine the butter and water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, whisk in flour, whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time making sure you whisk completely before you add another egg.
- Stir mixture, place in the pan evenly covering the bottom and the sides, if you over grease the pan the mixture will not stick. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a light-golden brown color. Do not over cook crust. So maybe check after 20 minutes, everyone’s oven cooks different.
- Remove from oven set on counter and do not touch.
For The Filling:
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until whipped. In a separate bowl make the vanilla pudding using the milk, according to package instructions. Then set aside.
- Slowly beat the pudding mixture into the cream cheese, then beat until their are no more lumps. Let cool in refrigerator.
- After crust and filling are completely cooled spread the filling into the crust, spread evenly, then top the layer with the whipped topping, spread evenly, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve.