Knowing how much everyone loves chocolate makes this chocolate peanut brittle a great addition to any holiday gathering. Peanut brittle is fun to make and is always well liked. I am always amazed at the power of chocolate. I recently made this Chocolate peanut brittle and was stunned to see it disappear.
Pretty, delicious, and easy to make.
Give this one a try for your next gathering or box some of it up, tie a ribbon on it and give it as a gift.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large sheets parchment paper
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, cold water, and salt in a large, 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, until sugar has dissolved. Cook until the mixture reaches a light golden brown color, about 11-14 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and peanut butter.
- Add peanuts and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in baking soda. The mixture will foam up about 2-3 inches in the pan.
- Pour the mixture onto 1 sheet of parchment paper and quickly cover with another piece of parchment. It is helpful to put the parchment on an inverted baking sheet to protect the counter from the intense heat. Be sure to have a sufficiently large piece of parchment paper to accommodate the finished piece of brittle. Using a rolling pin, carefully roll the brittle to 1/4-inch thickness. Be very careful not to touch the brittle as it is very hot at this point and will burn you easily. Set the tray aside until completely cool and hardened, about 30-45 minutes. Peel off the top piece of parchment.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl above boiling water. When melted, spread the chocolate across the top of the brittle. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and press them into the chocolate. Let solidify.
- Using your hands, break the brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Source: Livewell Network