It seems that with each new life stage, comes new challenges. One of my boys has decided on a new diet that excludes meat and poultry. For whatever reason, menu planning is proving challenging considering another one of my boys eats virtually no vegetables. Anyway this recipe for Chopped Rainbow Salad has proven to be a winner.
It is fresh and delicious and can include other vegetables should you like to include them. The salad dressing is what really makes this copped rainbow salad exquisite. The freshness of the fresh orange juice and orange zest combined with the fresh cilantro will have your taste buds very happy. Give it a try. I’ve served it as an entree, but it would be a great first course or salad prior to your main entree as well.
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or orange peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced radishes
- 1/2 cup Orange-Cilantro Dressing (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
Orange Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk.