Cinnamon Rolls are delicious! … especially when they are hot from the oven. This recipe for cinnamon rolls is made with frozen pizza dough which will save you lots of time. Frozen pizza dough is easy to find and easy to work with. You can alter this recipe by adding nuts or raisins.
- 1 package frozen pizza dough
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 4 – 6 Tablespoons softened butter
- chopped pecans or other nuts, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take a frozen pizza ball out of the freezer and into the refrigerator 24 hours before you plan to cook.
- Two hours before you plan to make these cinnamon rolls, take the dough out of the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature. This will allow the yeast in the dough enough time to re-activate and rise a bit.
- When dough has risen a bit, roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle. You can start by patting it down to about 1-inch thickness, and then using a rolling pin to work it into a rectangle (you want it about 1/4-1/3 of an inch thick).
- Cover the top side of the dough with softened .
- Sprinkle brown sugar, lots of cinnamon and some nutmeg over the butter. (You can add pecans or other nuts here if you like.)
- Now, roll the dough up from one of the short sides of the rectangle to the other to form a log. You’ll want it tight but not too tight – you don’t want your rolls to fall apart.
- Cut about 3/4 to 1 inch round off of the log. They should look like cinnamon rolls with spiral.
- Place the rolls in a greased muffin pan and cook at 375 degrees until they brown (approximately 30 minutes. Watch them carefully.)
- As soon as they come out, glaze them using a simple powdered sugar glaze ( you’ll want it to be slightly thick.)
- Let cool just a bit, put them on a plate and serve.