Not much needs to be said about these Coconut Bars. If you are a coconut fan, these coconut bars will call your name. They are rich and indulgent and a recipe that will stay in your “great dessert” recipe file.
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 9 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Place oven rack at the lower-middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake until it turns a light gold color, stirring every 4 minutes to prevent burning on the edges. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Toss with your fingers until the butter is evenly distributed. Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In order, sprinkle the walnuts, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut over the graham crumbs. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the entire dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Remove the bars from the pan using the foil or parchment handles and transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife or bench cutter, cut into small bars.