Coconut Chicken Bites make a great appetizer or addition to a salad. This recipe is a crowd pleaser. Put out a plate of these delicious coconut chicken bites and you will wonder why you didn’t double the recipe!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed through food processor
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Caribbean seasoning
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- Soak the chicken breasts in coconut milk (in a pie dish) for about 20-30 minutes.
- In a separate pie plate, mix corn flakes, flour, coconut and seasonings.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and dredge through the cornflakes mixture. Set on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 to 27 minutes.
- Serve with 1 cup of orange marmalade that you have heated in the microwave, and if desired, stir in finely diced habanero pepper.