This coconut cream pie recipe produces a sweet, rich, creamy pie that’s filled with the decadent taste of coconut. Topped with a homemade meringue topping, it is sinfully delicious!
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 inch baked pie shell
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt with the cold milk.
- Gradually add the scalded milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook on a low heat until thickened, then add beaten egg yolks and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and shredded coconut.
- Cool filling, then pour into baked pie shell. Top with meringue (recipe below).
- 3 egg whites
- 6 level tablespoons sugar
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Very gradually, add the sugar. Cover pie with meringue.