Though I do not crave sweets of any sort, I love coconut! Coconut macaroons are a wonderful treat! Every once in a while I take the time to make this recipe. It is a very simple recipe and these coconut macaroons are a very indulgent treat. I like to dip just a portion of the coconut macaroon in chocolate and I leave half of the macaroons without any chocolate on them.
These store well and taste good even when they have been sitting for a while.
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1 t. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small bag of Nestle chocolate morsels for dipping, if desired
- Mix together all ingredients.
- With wet hands, form into balls and drop on parchment covered cookie sheet. Balls will not be uniform.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from parchment with a spatula.
- Melt chocolate morsels as per package directions and dip cookies in melted chocolate, if desired
- Store cookies at room temperature in a covered container.