- 2/3 cup quick cooking pearl tapioca
- 2 (14 oz.) cans coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Bring the tapioca, coconut milk, and salt to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Beat the egg in a bowl until smooth. Whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot tapioca mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, then scrape the egg mixture into the simmering pudding, and stir.
- Simmer gently until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before stirring in the vanilla extract.
- Serve either warm or chilled.