Pasta salad is one of those things that lends itself to variety. I like this Italian pasta salad with mozzarella cheese but sometimes I switch it out for a sharp provolone and add some garlic for a high impact flavor.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each drained)
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup basil (chopped)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (Cubed)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked to crispy – chopped)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Drain, drizzle olive oil over the pasta, toss, and cool.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate until chilled.