I love crab cakes and I order them when I’m out whenever I can, but I never could find the right recipe to make them at home until I found this one. I think the secret to the perfect crab cakes is to keep them simple. For the best crab cakes, you must spend the extra money on the fresh lump crabmeat.
Crab Cakes could be served as an appetizer or a main entree. Because they are simply indulgent, crab cakes are great to serve when you are entertaining. They are a treat!
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 c. tartar sauce
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- In a large bowl gently combine crabmeat, mayonnaise, mustard and 2 teaspoons flour, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture for 10 minutes.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Line a plate with plastic wrap and put crab cakes on it. Cover with more wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to one day.
- In shallow bowl, put extra flour for dredging. In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Quickly and carefully dredge crab cakes, tap off excess flour and add to skillet.
- Cook for 8 min. turning halfway through cooking or until golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.