- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook 1 cup sugar in small saucepan on medium heat until melted and deep golden brown, stirring constantly. Pour into 9-inch round pan; tilt pan to evenly cover bottom with syrup.
- Blend milk and cream cheese in blender until smooth. Add remaining sugar, eggs and vanilla; blend just until smooth. Pour over syrup in pan. Place filled pan in larger pan; add enough hot water to larger pan to come halfway up side of small pan.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Carefully remove flan from water; cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Unmold onto plate just before serving.