Pound cake is very versatile. This Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a very moist and is great served alone, topped with ice cream or fresh fruit or even toasted with butter.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until smooth. Add butter and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at at time, beating one minute for each additional egg. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed to make certain all is mixed.
- With the mixer on low, add the flower mixture until just incorporated. Stop the mixer and fold together with spatula.
- Spoon the batter into your greased and floured baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Check cake and rotate it. Then, bake for another 30 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack.