I came upon this recipe while in search for a side for my grilled chicken. These ingredients are almost always in the house and put together they make a delicious dish. This Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini can very easily be made as an entree by adding some cubed chicken breast.
- 2 – 9 ounce packages of cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups (1 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite pasta sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook tortellini according to package instructions, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Once warm add garlic and let cook about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and spinach into skillet and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Spinach should cook down and the tomatoes should be tender. Add pasta sauce and cook for another minute.
- In a large bowl, add drained pasta. While pasta is still warm add cream cheese and basil and stir until creamy. Add tomato and spinach mixture into bowl and stir all together until well combined.
- Add to serving dish and top with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Source: Adapted from Multiply Delicious