Creole Salmon Cakes pack a flavorful punch. I am not a big fan of salmon, but it is a very healthy fish and I try to find recipes that offer the health benefits that salmon offers. They creole salmon cakes are fit that bill. They are delicious served over salad greens or as an appetizer and the spicy mayonnaise really gives these Creole Salmon Cakes a delightful kick.
- 3 6 ounce cans salmon, Alaskan, wild caught
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Hot Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- pinch of black pepper
- Drain salmon and set aside. In a large bowl add crushed crackers, minced vegetables, all the spices, mayonnaise and mustard, mix well.
- Fold in salmon and panko bread crumbs.
- Form into 4 patties or you could make appetizer size if desired.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add patties in brown for about 4-5 minutes per side until nice and golden brown.
- Patties can also be placed under the broiler and cooked for about 8 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper napkin.
- To prepare hot mayo, mix all ingredients together and serve on top of patties.