This easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese recipe is perfect to serve as a side for a summer BBQ or picnic. One of the nice things about this recipe is that the crock pot can easily be brought to the table to serve from. An added benefit is that the crock pot will keep the mac and cheese warm.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper.
- Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2½ hours, stirring occasionally.