I made this crunchy Thai salad on Saturday night and served it along side of Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts. I added some peanuts and bean sprouts to offer even more crunch. You can add whatever ingredients you love. Sugar snap peas would have made a nice addition, but I could not find them.
The dressing is delicious and can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
For the Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from one lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
For the Salad
- 4 cups chopped Napa cabbage or shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup prepared shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- Add the cilantro and blend for a few seconds until the cilantro is finely chopped.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- If serving right away, drizzle the peanut dressing over top and toss; otherwise, serve the dressing on the side so the salad doesn’t get soggy.