I grew up eating Classic Deli Potato Salad. There are tons of recipes for potato salad, but this recipe for Deli Potato Salad is a very basic potato salad. There are no predominant flavors, just a simple mayonnaise based potato salad.
Obviously, this is a recipe that can be altered to taste. Sometimes I add a bit of chopped carrot and green pepper which offers great color and flavor.
- 4 Eastern Potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes and eggs in medium saucepan until potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile mix mayonnaise, celery, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in bowl.
- When potatoes are cool, peel and cut into bite-sized pieces and add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Peel eggs and slice into potatoes.
- Mix all and taste for seasoning. Alter to taste.