- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock or water
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups diced white onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound pork sausage meat
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Cook rice in pot with chicken stock or water according to package directions.
- Saute garlic, onions and bell peppers in vegetable oil until soft for about 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf and cayenne and add to rice. Cook sausage in saute pan and add to rice.
- Mix rice well and let simmer on lowest heat for an additional 30 minutes, stirring continuously, until flavors meld.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.