Hot, Sweet, Delicious – Fried Bananas! Often ordered for dessert in a Thai restaurant, this sweet delicious treat can easily be made at home.
- 6-8 pieces ripe bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 10-12 pieces spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cooking oil for frying
- Lay a spring roll wrapper down, dip the banana in sugar and place on one end of the wrapper.
- Start by folding the wrapper over the banana taking care to fold the 2 sides in and then roll up to the end.
- Seal the end with water.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and place wrapped banana in pan with sealed end down first (to keep it sealed).
- Cook until slightly browned and flip.
- Fry the other side, and once slightly browned, sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar per roll onto the oil to caramelize and glaze the fried roll.
- Continue to cook until golden brown.