Shrimp Scampi that is Easy to make! This recipe for Shrimp Scampi tastes like you are eating at a gourmet restaurant, yet takes only minutes to prepare and uses ingredients you likely have in your home already.
Delicious shrimp scampi really is not difficult to make. The key is fresh ingredients and adding the ingredients in the right order. The use of fresh lemon and garlic is critical but easy to do. If you don’t have a zester, simply peel a layer of the lemon skin off and then mince it. It will work just as well.
I like to serve this Shrimp Scampi over angel hair pasta. I go out of my way to find the perfect crusty French or Italian bread because I love to dip the bread in the sauce. A Caesar salad is perfect up front. . . And, of course, a delicious crisp white wine accompanies this very nicely. What is not to love about this Easy Shrimp Scampi?
- 1 pound jumbo raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Place shrimp on a large plate and pat them completely dry using paper towels.
- Lay the shrimp flat so that they are evenly spaced.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to the skillet.
- When the foaming subsides, raise the heat to high and invert the plate of shrimp over the skillet so the shrimp fall into the pan all at once.
- Cook the shrimp, without moving them, for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the shrimp over and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the shrimp putting them into a bowl.
- Return the skillet to the heat and pour in the white wine and lemon juice.
- Boil the liquid until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Stir the lemon zest and parsley into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
- Divide the shrimp among plates or arrange on a platter and serve with thinly sliced lemon.
Source: Adapted from Food Network
Image source: Simply Recipes