Everything about this recipe calls my name. Fresh asparagus are key to this recipe and they are sometimes hard to find. But this recipe for Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Asparagus is super flavorful and brings together great tastes.
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut on the diagonal, into two inch pieces
- 1 lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper or more if you like the heat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add olive oil to a large non skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt, black and red pepper and sauté until pink, just for about 3 minutes per side. Do not overcook. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add asparagus to pan and cook until crisp tender. Add lemon juice.
Drain spaghetti and add to asparagus. Toss with pesto. Add shrimp back in with lemon slices and toss again.
Inspired by recipe for Pasta, Shrimp, Asparagus and Basil
Good-Housekeeping, May 1994 issue