Fried Mozzarella is a family favorite. We love to order it when we are out, but I rarely made it at home…until I found this recipe. This is the easiest recipe ever for Fried Mozzarella Sticks. The egg roll wrappers make this recipe very easy to make because the wrappers protect the cheese and offer a delightful crunch.
Try this the next time you want to give the family a treat. I’ll bet you make it again and again.
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers (found in product section of your supermarket)
- 1 package of String Cheese – Mozzarella sticks
- Oil for frying
- Your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper and place a piece of string cheese diagonally on top. Fold corners over the ends of the cheese. Fold bottom corner over cheese and keep rolling until cheese is tightly sealed. Moisten corners with water to seal. Repeat with the rest of wrappers and cheese.
- Heat oil in skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce.