On a hot summer day there is nothing as refreshing as a cold glass of lemonade. This recipe for frozen lemonade takes refreshing to a new level. Frozen lemonade is a wonderful drink but it is kind of like having a lemon ice. It’s a real treat on a hot day. This recipe is quick and easy and it is likely that you already have all the ingredients in the house.
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1 2/3 cups superfine sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice
- 4 cups ice
- Combine 1 thinly sliced lemon and 1 2/3 cups superfine sugar in a bowl; mash with a spoon.
- Add 3 cups cold water and 1 1/4 cups lemon juice; let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree half of lemon juice mixture and 4 cups ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into 4 chilled glasses; repeat.
- Serves 8.