I grew up with Bisquick as a staple in the house. We used it for making pancakes, dumplings, and crumb cake. Bisquick is a great product to keep on your shelf as it has many uses. This fruit filled coffee cake is delicious and uses Bisquick. As you can see it is a simple recipe that can be made using ingredients you likely have on you pantry shelf. Feel free to substitute whatever fruit you favor. I love this cake served right out of the oven.
- 4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 can cherry pie filling AND 1/2 can peach pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of 1 (15 x 10 x 1-inch) pan or 2 (9-inch) square pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all coffee cake ingredients except pie filling; beat vigorously with spoon 30 seconds.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter (about 2 1/2 cups) in 15 x 10-inch pan or one-third of the batter (about 1 1/4 cups) in each square pan.
- Spread cherry pie filling in one pan and peach pie filling in the other (filling may not cover batter completely).
- Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto pie filling.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwihle, in small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake. Serve warm or cool.