Light, fresh, and delicious, this ginger meatball soup is the perfect light lunch or start to your dinner. Add snow peas, carrots, and water chestnuts to make a heartier soup, or add rice instead of egg noodles.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 piece of ginger (about 1 inch), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- 2 cups of egg noodles
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine pork, scallions, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Form bite-sized meatballs (about one inch each) and arrange them on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Broil on high, 6 inches from broiler heat source for 5 – 7 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a covered 5 quart pot, heat chicken broth to simmering. Uncover and add egg noodles and meatballs. Cook until noodles are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cliantro