Goat cheese is creamy and flavorful. These Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers remind me of jalapeno poppers with sweet red, yellow and orange peppers taking the place of the jalapeno.
The peppers are key to this recipe. Look in the produce section for a bag of colorful peppers. These peppers are petite – about 4 inches long – and very sweet. Not only do they taste great, they are really pretty to look at. These Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers are a great recipe to make when you have guests. You can set them up ahead of time and pop them in the oven right before you would like to serve them.
- 8 small assorted miniature colored peppers (orange, red, yellow)
- 4 ounces of goat cheese crumbles (1 small container)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened (1/2 package)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground sage
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground garlic
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash and clean out the peppers and cut length-wise.
- Add goat cheese, cream cheese, black pepper, sage, maple syrup & garlic into a bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute & mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the pepper halves.
- Bake for 20 minutes.