Grand’s Monkey Bread will have your kitchen smelling so good that no one will be able to resist. Warm, light and fluffy, and deliciously sweet, this monkey bread can rival a yeast dough monkey bread….and it requires a fraction of the time and effort.
This recipe is for Mikaylee!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray. In large plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Put into bag and shake to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces, if desired.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.