I came across this recipe for Greek Cheesecake and just had to make it. This is a savory recipe perfect for those who love cheese. It is the perfect thing to bring to bring to a party as it can be done ahead. You can rest assured that this will be a unique offering whether you are serving this Greek Cheesecake to guests at your home or bringing it to a party.
Adapted from Julia of Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 8oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled, with additional cheese set aside for garnish
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped, with part of a second one for garnish
- 1 small can black olives or the equivalent amount from an olive bar, drained and chopped
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, passed through a press
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
NOTE: IF YOU WISH, YOU MAY CUT THIS RECIPE IN HALF. USE A 6 1/2 INCH SPRING FORM PAN IF YOU ARE DOING THIS.
- Oven preheated to 375F.
- Rub a 9″ springform pan with butter.
- In a small bowl, toss the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese together, then spread them on the bottom of the pan like a crust. Set aside.
- Use a mixer to beat the cream cheese until it’s fluffy, then add the feta, eggs and sour cream. Continue to beat until the mixture is smooth. With a spatula, fold in the red bell pepper, olives, garlic and basil.
- Pour half of this mixture into the springform pan, then put in the artichoke hearts.
- Pour in the last half of the cheese mixture.
- Bake for around 50 minutes (but start checking earlier!) until the cheesecake is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Leave in the pan to chill in the refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold and sprinkle the rest of the chopped red pepper, feta crumbles and black olives over the top.