- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 t dried Greek oregano
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Preheat oven to 480⁰ F
- Peel the potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and in half lengthwise again, into quarters. Rinse well and shake to remove excess water.
- Spread potatoes out in an 11 x 14 inch roasting pan
- Toss the potatoes with the salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and olive oil (using hands works best), and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the water to the pan (do not pour over the potatoes).
- Put on lowest rack in the oven and roast at 480⁰F for 30 minutes
- Reduce heat to 355⁰F and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir the orange juice into the potatoes and continue to cook another 30 minutes.