Greek salad with feta and summer tomatoes – fresh, delicious, nutritious. A Greek salad is made from juicy, summer tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, sliced onion, green peppers, plump kalmata olives, and crumbly feta cheese. Add a crisp lettuce like romaine or iceberg and a crusty bread to turn this salad into a main meal.
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces (you can use 1/2 green, 1/2 red pepper)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- splash balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out seeds and discard, then cut cucumber into bite-size chunks.
- Place cucumbers in a large bowl and combine add tomatoes, green pepper, onion, feta and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano and vinegars and whisk in olive oil. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side. For a heartier salad, serve with lettuce greens.
- Garnish with pine nuts (if desired)