This green bean and feta salad recipe is quick and easy to make. I love making green bean salads with farm-fresh green beans. They are sweet, tender, and delicious. The combination of green beans, sweet onions and feta is great with the tangy dressing.
You can substitute ingredients to suit your tastes. I often replace the cider vinegar with balsamic vinegar and I always add a few extra drops of hot pepper sauce so that my green bean and feta salad has a bite. This is one of those recipes that benefits from being made ahead of time. Set it up the night before you wish to serve it to give the flavors time to set.
This is a great side dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 sweet onion, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Thinly slice the onion and place into a colander over the sink. Add the cleaned green beans to a large pot of boiling water and boil until crisp tender (about 4 minutes). When the beans are done, drain the water into the colander to slightly cook the onions. Immediately rinse all in cold water to stop the cooking process.
For the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, rice wine vinegar, cider vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add beans, onions and cheese and stir until combined. Place in a nonreactive container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.