Green Goddess is a salad dressing made with mayonnaise, garlic, and anchovies, and colored with parsley and green onions. This dip uses Greek yogurt and makes the most delicious Green Goddess Dip ever.
Green Goddess Dip is perfect for dipping vegetables, snazzing up a wrap, sandwich or panini, or to dip your favorite chips into.
- 1 cup chopped avocado (about 1 avocado)
- 3 or 4 anchovy fillets or 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for making dressing, optional
- Add the avocado, anchovies, garlic, scallions, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt to a food processor or blender; process until relatively smooth.
- Add the basil; process until smooth. If too thick, thin it out with a bit of olive oil.
- Serve with vegetables as a dip or thin out with olive oil to make a salad dressing.
- For dressing, add olive oil 1/4 cup at a time, processing constantly until the desired consistency is reached. Toss with salad greens.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.