Who doesn’t love garlic bread? Some garlic bread is better than other garlic bread, however. The best garlic bread I’ve ever eaten is a super simple recipe that a friend made when we were visiting. It is a grilled garlic bread. The grill imparts a flavor that is indescribable.
Grilled garlic bread is easy to make, can be done at the last minute and should be served warm.
- 1 large loaf of Italian or French bread
- 2 sticks of salted butter, softened
- 10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Heat grill
- Place softened butter in small bowl. Add chopped garlic and mix with spoon, mashing garlic into butter.
- Slice bread and generously spread butter/garlic on both sides of bread
- Place buttered slices of bread on grill grate and grill – Turn when golden…and serve immediately. NOTE: Watch carefully because bread can go from golden to burned on the grill very quickly.