Potato Skins are a traditional Super Bowl food. Here is a recipe for Grilled Potato Skins to add to your party menu.
Try these at your next BBQ. Fun food is great year round.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- Boil your potatoes until just cooked – you’re grilling these so you want them to be soft enough to prep, but stiff enough to hold up to some more cooking.
- Once ready, slice your potatoes in half, then scoop out the fillings of each slice until you’re left with a thin layer of potato on top of the skin.
- Put the potato you’ve scooped out to the side and brush the skins with a bit of olive oil.
- Place them on a hot grill, face down first. Cook for about a minute, then turn skin side down and fill with your mozzarella and bacon bits evenly. Cook until the cheese has melted and the bottoms have grill marks.
- Remove from the grill, top with scallions garnish and enjoy with sour cream!