Grilled Salmon is is quick and easy to make and is a healthy entree. I usually have salmon in my freezer in individually wrapped portions. I find this to be very convenient. I can pull as many portions as I need and leave the rest frozen. I also like that the fish is already portion controlled. It helps keep the meal healthy.
I usually serve Grilled Salmon with rice and something green – like green beans or broccoli or I keep it simple and serve it with a salad tossed with olive oil and vinegar. Grilled Salmon is a light meal that doesn’t leave you feeling over-stuffed.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet or 2 small salmon steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. olive oil for grill
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Add salmon to marinade and turn to coat both sides of fish. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Brush grill rack with oil.
- Drain fish; save marinade.
- Cook on uncovered grill, directly over medium coals for 7 minutes.
- Turn with a spatula, brush with more marinade, and continue grilling 6 to 8 more minutes. (The fish should flake easily.)