This is a great recipe when you are looking for a meatless meal. Portabella mushrooms are hearty and substantial and will hold up well in grilling. Fresh garden tomatoes make this an especially good recipe.
This recipe is a healthy choice and is absolutely delicious!
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Portabella mushroom caps ( 5-6 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- low-fat cooking spray
- Prepare the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
- Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- Divide the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.