A Greek Gyros Melt is a great alternative to a traditional Gyro. Finding pita for a traditional Gryro could be difficult, but creating a Greek Gyro Melt is easy because this recipe uses rye bread and gives you a similar and delicious melty, Gyro experience. The crumbled feta adds a whole new taste and texture that will have you keeping this recipe.
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup feta, room temperature – crumbled
- 1/4 cup warm lamb gyro meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 slices tomato, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion to taste, sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons tzatziki, room temperature
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread
- Sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the roast lamb, tomato, onion, tzatziki, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Add the sandwich to the pan and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side