Ham, Cheddar and Apple Butter Croissants. The combination of flaky croissant, sweet apple butter and spicy/salty Dijon mustard, Black Forest ham and sharp cheddar is unbelievably good. These ingredients put together offer such a great combination tastes and textures.
I often suggest switching out ingredients and substituting with your favorite cheese or meat or even mustard, but I will tell you, this recipe is perfect “as is!”
- 8 croissant, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound Black Forest ham, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced
- Brush cut side of 4 croissant with oil. Place croissants, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- Broil until croissants begin to brown around edges – 1 2 minutes.
- Spread apple butter and mustard on each croissant half and then top with ham.
- Add the other 4 croissant halves to the pan and top with cheese
- Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown in spots, about 2 minutes.
- Assemble by adding cheese topped croissants to ham topped croissants