Hot dogs get a makeover in this recipe featuring grilled hot dogs that sit in a sweet and savory bun with honey mustard and a delicious, crunchy topping that will make these dogs a family favorite.
What’s not to like about these Hawaiian-style hot dogs topped with a delicious pineapple salsa and honey mustard? Give them a try.
- 3 tablespoons pineapple tidbits in juice, drained, reserving 1 1/2 teaspoons juice, and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 4 Pepperidge Farm® Sweet & Soft Hot Dog Buns Top Sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Stir the pineapple, reserved juice, pepper, onion, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Grill the hot dogs for 4 minutes on each side or until hot. Spread 1 teaspoon honey mustard on each bun. Top each with 1 hot dog and 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with the macadamia nuts, if desired.
Source: Campbell’s Kitchen