This is a great recipe to make when you want to start your day with a healthy kick or when you are looking to serve an easy-to-prepare breakfast or brunch to guests. Serve this spinach frittata topped with a simple tomato-basil salsa which is packed with flavor but isn’t packed with fat and calories.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant(r) frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 8 eggs or 1 container (16 oz) fat-free egg product (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In small bowl, mix salsa ingredients until blended. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add spinach; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until spinach is thoroughly heated.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, cheese, salt and pepper with wire whisk until blended. Pour over spinach. Cover; cook over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes or until eggs are set and light golden brown on bottom. Cut into 4 wedges. Top each serving with salsa mixture.