Herb Crusted Flounder is a light, healthy meal that is quick and easy to make. This dish is great when you are looking for an alternative to a meat dish. You can make this herb crusted fish with any flaky white fish.
To keep the meal light, serve this wonderful herb crusted flounder with rice, a salad and a fresh seasonal vegetable.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (Italian) – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoo red chile flakes – ground
- 4 flounder – 6 oz. fillets
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper – to season the fish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the size of the bread crumbs.
- Add the panko crumbs and the parmesan to the processor. Pulse until it is all finely ground.
- Add the herbs, zest and chile flakes. Pulse for a second to mix well.
- Rub the flounder fillets all over with the olive oil. Place them on the seasoning rack and let the excess oil drip off. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the the breading in a shallow dish. Gently press the flounder into the bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Grease or spray a sheet pan or baking dish and place the flounder with space in between the fillets.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Check for doneness.