Hoisin Beef Ribs is a very flavorful ethnic recipe – a Korean specialty. It is usually served with rice and stir fried vegetables. Grilling weather is upon us and Hoisin Beef Ribs are great to serve when having a get-together.
- 3 pounds of beef ribs
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried chilies
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut the ribs into individual pieces. In a stockpot, cover them with water and bring to a boil. Simmer for thirty minutes, then drain.
- While the ribs are simmering, combine all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Barbecue the meat for about ten minutes. Do not baste them during the first ten minutes. After this time, move the ribs to an area of indirect heat and grill for ten more minutes, basting often with the sauce. It should form a crispy crust on the ribs.