Making homemade granola offers you the ability to customize it to your personal taste. This granola is a delicious and healthy snack or breakfast. Eat it alone or add it to your favorite cereal or yogurt.
- cup cashews
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews, almonds, coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds into a blender and pulse to break the mixture into smaller pieces.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey together for 40-50 seconds. Add in the mixture from the blender and the sunflower seeds, and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring once, until the mixture is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Stir in the dried cranberries and salt.
- Press the granola mixture together to form a flat, even surface. Cool for about 15 minutes, and then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container or resealable bag.