Italian Seasoning is used in all sorts of recipes. I find it easier to make a Homemade Italian Seasoning mix and store it on the spice shelf so that I can grab it and sprinkle it into what I am making without having to grab a half dozen seasoning jars.
Homemade Italian Seasoning is easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients sitting on your spice shelf. Alter it to your own taste and store it in an airtight jar or container.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 1/2 TBS salt
- 1 TBS. pepper
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons celery flakes
- Mix everything in a food processor and store in air tight jar or container.
For Italian Dressing:
- Mix: 2 tablespoons Homemade Italian Seasoning with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoons water, 1/2 cup olive oil
For Italian Seasoning:
- Generously sprinkle on any kind of meat or in any sauce to add flavor.