Lemon pudding is always a refreshing dessert. I find it a great way to end a heavy meal. Fresh lemons are the secret to making this creamy pudding perfect.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Whisk sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth. Add egg yolks, lemon zest and salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until sauce thickens and coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter. Pour through a strainer into a large bowl or put into individual serving dishes. Let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap. Transfer to refrigerator for 2 hours, or until set. Serve chilled.