This recipe was adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com
Here is one of those combinations that is loved by most everyone. I stumbled upon this recipe for Reeses PNB cups and knew I had to share it. Try making this recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as a treat for your Valentine.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4 and 1/2 teaspoons (or 1 and 1/2 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each, or about 40 grams each), coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
- (Note: Some recipes recommend you refrigerating the first chocolate teaspoon and waiting until it hardens before adding the peanut butter and other chocolate mixture. It’s probably a good idea, but I haven’t tried this method. I’m impatient when it comes to food).
Yield: About 20 regular-sized cups[Tweet “Reeses PNB Cups #ValentinesDay #foodie http://wp.me/p1JAcb-1Lh”]