Honey Granola is a tasty breakfast treat that can easily be made at home. Granola is often sold in supermarkets in bins but I can’t help but wonder how fresh it is sitting in these open bins. I am hesitant to buy granola from the market because of this. Making granola at home is easy and I like the idea of knowing that the ingredients I put in it are healthy and fresh.
This Christmas, for some of my gifts, I am looking for gift ideas that are consumable. Honey Granola packaged in clear bags and tied with a pretty ribbon is a great gift to give at as a grab bag gift or to have on hand for the unexpected guest.
- 6 cups Old-Fashioned Oats (5 minute variety)
- 8 ounces Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Chopped Dried Apricots
- 1 cup Dark-Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except butter and honey.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt unsalted butter. Stir in honey.
- Pour over oat mixture and toss to distribute.
- Spread granola onto a parchment lined baking pan and bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are toasted and sugar begins to caramelize (35 to 40 minutes).
- Cool completely on pan. Transfer to an airtight container.