Tilapia is light, flavorful and simply a delicious and inexpensive fish. Served with salad and a fresh vegetable, this Honey Lime Tilapia recipe is healthy and is actually family friendly.
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (approximately 1 large lime)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and garlic. Place the tilapia in a gallon-sized ziploc bag and pour the marinade on top of the fish. Press the air out of the bag and seal. Refrigerate the fish for at least an hour and up to 4 hours.Turn bag occasionally to make sure fish is completed coated with marinade.
- Before cooking, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Dredge each tilapia fillet in the flour, coating both sides lightly.
- Cook the fillets for 3-5 minutes per side without moving the fish while it cooks on each side; this will ensure a more even browning. (Adjust the cooking time as needed depending on the thickness of the tilapia and the heat of the skillet and work in batches if necessary so the skillet isn’t overcrowded.)
- Serve immediately with lime wedges